Fueling innovation as a strategic data transformation partner
Consumer goods manufacturers face extraordinary challenges, such as social and environmental sustainability, shifting consumer shopping, buying habits, and digitally native insurgent brands.
All of these challenges have one thing in common: the need for data. Cervello helped a FTSE 100 global consumer health company transform its end-to-end data and advanced analytics capabilities, leading to the following benefits:
Our client was challenged with addressing siloed, duplicated, and inconsistent data sets across business functions, business units, and markets, which was limiting the enterprise from realizing data-driven strategic and operational performance enhancements.
The volume, variety, and velocity of data across structured, unstructured, internal, external, streaming, IoT, web, and mobile was far exceeding the capabilities of legacy tools and architecture, which was hindering innovation.
Significant resource-heavy manual intervention was required to cleanse and prepare data across the organization’s complete portfolio, leading to delayed reporting cycles that only provided outdated insights.
Inconsistent metric and attribute definitions, ad-hoc data governance, and known data-quality issues reduced business confidence and usage of analytics across the enterprise.
Over the years, Cervello has been engaged as a strategic partner, providing architecture strategy and development execution across end-to-end data and advanced analytics capabilities, leveraging both AWS and the Microsoft Azure cloud platforms:
- Designed a flexible, robust and scalable architecture—actively processing more than 500 individual source systems with hundreds of thousands of data sets and proving a global footprint to address the needs of more than 80 countries, varied and expansive source systems, external data providers, data formats, and languages
- Drove core design and development activities across dozens of parallel projects, business functions, markets and technologies, partnering with our client on strategic data-driven transformations and engaging across the organization to deploy between three and eight analytic PODs to enable business objectives through data-driven solutions
- Addressed strategic cloud provider changes, such as a move from AWS to Azure ensuring interoperability and modularity throughout the architecture, with current key architecture components including DataBricks, Power BI, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure Data Factory, Talend, Einstein Analytics, and R
Cervello continues to enable enterprise capabilities for our client, spanning demand, sales, supply, distribution, e-commerce, financial, and executive analytics. Some highlights include the following:
- Significant improvement in demand forecasting accuracy using consumption data and AI
- Global visibility across country, category, product, and customer for supply chain KPIs
- AI-driven optimization of e-commerce channels, driving action, increasing sales, and reducing supply challenges
- Increase in sales force productivity and effectiveness through detailed sales execution analytics
- Global automated financial reporting, replacing thousands of hours of manual effort
- Automated, trusted reporting of KPIs and their underlying drivers to support executive reviews
Modern Data Solutions
Accelerate your journey to the cloud and drive your data democratization efforts forward with scalable best-of-breed cloud data architectures. Expedite your investments with our battle tested pre-packaged solutions, turn-key platforms, and accelerators.
Develop or refine your data strategy, build successful data governance programs, and maximize the ROI of your analytic initiatives through our strategic advisory services.
Bring life to your data by going beyond traditional analytical approaches. By leveraging advanced analytics capabilities, you’ll be able to discover deeper insights, make predictions, and generate recommendations.