Policy last updated on December 20, 2019.
Information We Collect
Contact information (such as name, company, position, postal address, telephone number, and email address)
Personal information, for Cervello job applicants, as contained in a résumé, C.V., application and/or our recruitment template, employment history, education history, references, transcripts, and, where legally permissible, ethnicity, race, gender, disability status, and veteran status.
Cervello will not consider information regarding an applicant’s ethnicity, race or gender, or an applicant’s choice to decline to provide it, in evaluating the applicant’s qualifications for employment with us. This information will be used only for Equal Employment Opportunity reporting and other legal compliance purposes.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Sites, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyze how users use the Sites. The information collected for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. To learn more about opting out of these activities, click here.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- Provide our products and services.
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, offers, surveys, and market research.
- Respond to your inquiries.
- Perform data analyses (including anonymization and aggregation of personal information).
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products, services, websites and mobile apps; managing our communications; analyzing our products and services; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions).
- Protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities and enforce relevant industry standards, and our policies
execute any agreement we may have concluded with you; or
meet our legal obligations, such as to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements.
Send you promotional materials or other communications;
Process employment applications, including by assessing qualifications, verifying information, conducting reference or other employment-related checks, and notifying you of future opportunities that might be of interest to you; or
Manage our Sites and other aspects of our business. For residents of the European Union or Switzerland: Information about our cookie practices in the European Union is available here.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Share
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government entities, and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you to A.T. Kearney, and in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
Your Right and Choices
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to recipients in other countries (such as the U.S.), we will protect that information as described in this here.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide on the Sites against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
Your information will be retained for as long as necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected and as required by applicable laws or regulations.
Links to Other Websites and Apps
Our Sites may provide links to other websites or apps for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites and apps may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the websites’ or apps’ content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites or apps.
How to Contact Us
If you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at email@example.com. You also may write to:
Attention: Data Privacy Team
2 Seaport Lane, 11th Floor
Boston, MA 02210
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, please see below for contact information for the Cevello entity in your country.
EEA/Swiss Cervello Entities Contact Information
Attention: Data Privacy Team
11/15 William Road
Information Collected by Cervello and How it is Used
|The categories of personal information Cervello collects about you.||Information We Collect;|
Information We Collect by Automated Means
|The categories of sources from which your personal information is collected.||Information We Collect; Information We Collect by Automated Means|
|The business purpose for collecting your personal information.||How We Use the Information We Collect|
|The categories of third parties with whom Cervello shares your personal information.||Information We Share|
Cervello has not sold personal information of consumers in the preceding twelve months.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Calling us at +1(866)821-4389. [Note: please inform the operator that you are a California resident calling regarding Cervello’s use of their personal data, and would like to file a report.]
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
If you elect to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, Cervello will not deny services, provide a different price or rate for our services, provide a different level of service to you, or suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level of quality of goods or services because you exercised such rights.